.Com Strategies Podcast where you will learn key insights into valuing, marketing, brokering and selling your domain names.
In today’s episode I talk about how to acquire a domain name that is already taken.
POINT #1: Advice for selling your Domain on your own.
- Chris has multiple videos with advice for selling your own domain name, but he suggests going through a professional broker if you have a high value domain. He has turned down some people coming to him to sell their domain because it wasn’t high value enough for them to make a profit through him. So if you are just trying to sell a low value domain, check out his YouTube channel to gain insight into selling your domain name or names.
- Put A Price Tag On It: If you are trying to sell your domain on your own, but a clear price tag on it, so others who are interested can see clearly what you want for it.
- if you are looking to sell a domain name make sure to truly research and evaluate the value of your domain name: put too big a price tag and people won’t buy it.
- Research different companies that would be interested in your domain, see how big they are, and use that info to evaluate your price and approach strategy.
POINT #2: Advice for acquiring a Domain that is already taken
- One of the questions we receive quite a bit is – how do I buy a domain name that is already taken.
- The first step to buying a domain name that is already taken is to see who owns it. This sounds simple but will have a BIG impact into your success.
- Every different domain owner requires a different strategy for approaching about buying the domain name. Trying to buy a domain from a corporation will be way different then buying a domain from someone who is using it as a personal email.
- For high profile domain acquisitions, use a professional. If a corporation sees that you could be their competition in the future, or a private owner sees that you are a big company and they could ask a lot more for their domain, you could miss your golden opportunity to get your exact match domain.
QUESTION OF THE DAY:
How important is it for you to get your exact match domain? Can you get it by yourself, or do you need professional help?
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
“ You need to know what your domain or potential domain is worth, it is very important.”